Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – Caribbean Export is seeking fashion designers with readily available collections to be showcased in Dominicana Moda 2014 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic October 20-25, 2014. Selected designers will be able to participate in all activities revolving around DM2014 and present their collections on the runway. Some designers will be selected to showcase their collections in the designer’s mall only.
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) under the 10th European Development Fund (EDF) will be collaborating in the organization of Dominicana Moda 2014 (DM2014) in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (October 20-25, 2014). Caribbean Export is highly committed to the development of the Fashion sector in the Region and seeks to enable opportunities such as these to engage relevant stakeholders and foster sector-wide integration. This collaborative effort will provide a great opportunity for emerging and established fashion designers in the Caribbean to expose their vision at a regional and international stage, thus positioning the Caribbean as an international go-to location for Fashion design and ingenuity.
In the past 9 years, Dominicana Moda has grown to be the official Fashion Week of the Dominican Republic thus the most important platform for the Fashion Industry. Throughout its history it has certainly become the fastest growing runway show in the Latin American region.
Dominicana Moda is a yearly event for around 6 days of continuous runway shows where the best brands and designers come together. Major fashion houses have participated in the past, and this year it will surely continue to grow.
Interested designers must complete the attached Expression of Interest form and submit all required documentation to:
Caribbean Export Development Agency address to:
Horacio Alvarez/Ileana Tejada
C/O Caribbean Export Development Agency – Sub-Regional Office
Calle Pedro Henríquez Ureña No. 150
Edificio Diandy XIX, 7th floor
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional
The criteria for participating at Dominicana Moda 2014 are listed below. Interested designers are also required to provide additional documentation with the Expression of Interest Forms as follows:
– Letter of commitment stating why you think you are a strong and appropriate participant (minimum 1 page);
– A designer portfolio and bio data of recent collections and/or showcased shows (local, regional, and/or international) – including photos and/or videos (minimum 8-10 photos).
– An overview of your international experience and results (2 pages maximum).
– At least four (4) years’ experience
– Must have produced at least three (3) full collections
– Availability of a full photograph portfolio of the collection that will be showcased
– Have participated in a regional or international fashion show
– Have not been sponsored by Caribbean Export to participate in previous editions of Dominicana Moda.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS FRIDAY, JULY 25th at 4:30 PM (Dominican Republic time).