Celebrate an explosion of films from the Caribbean Diaspora, with interactive workshops, screenings and networking sessions.
The official call for submissions for the 2014 CaribbeanTales International Film Festival is now open, with a deadline of May 1, 2014.
This year’s festival launches in July and runs until mid-September, with screenings throughout the city of Toronto, at venues including the Canadian National Exhibition, the Scotiabank Carnival, and The Royal Cinema.
Calling All Submissions – Bring Your Film To The CaribbeanTales International Film Festival!
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE: May 1st , 2014 (NO ENTRY FEE). SUBMISSION RULES:
• All lengths and genres accepted.
• CT seeks works made by filmmakers from Caribbean backgrounds and/or that celebrate and explore Caribbean culture, life, society and themes.
• Submission should be sent via email to: Programming Director, CaribbeanTales International Film Festival, firstname.lastname@example.org seeks and should include the following: Please also address any questions or concerns here.
• Email should inlcude link to online preview of the film, for example through password protected vimeo link.
• Email and previews should include the following information: director’s name, film title, length, country, contact info, genre and year of completion, as well as 150-word synopsis.Caribbean themes, and themes of interest and relevance to people from the Caribbean Diaspora.
• Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
• Films in foreign languages must be subtitled in English.
• Participant must pay print shipping costs to Toronto. The festival will pay the cost of shipping exhibition prints back to the participant.
• Please do not send preview or screening copies by courier, as these may incur customs and duties charges. CT will not cover these charges, and will refuse the package.
• All preview tapes will be added to CT’s archives for consideration to our year-round international programming, unless filmmaker indicates in writing that they do not wish it so.