My sister treated me to an Aromatherapy Massage at Indulgence By The Sea at Divi Little Bay yesterday. Loved the experience as it was my first but I got to confess I don’t think it was as effective as it could have been.
The Reasons have lead me to create these Rules For Getting A Massage:
- A Massage at 9 in the Morning, When you’ve got a Million Things that Really Have to Be Done is Not a Good Idea. For the life of me, I could not turn off the To-Do List in my head.
- Do Not use it as a technique session. I spent more time thinking about what the masseuse hands were doing as way to better my own massage techniques, that I never really got to enjoy it. The more I thought, the more I felt the tension pooling in my shoulders and neck.
- Be In The Moment. For a massage to be effective, you actually need to show up body, mind and soul. By time I figured that out my hour was over.
- Don’t Be Too Busy To Take Some Time For Yourself. Do you have any idea how long it took me to write these four rules. I kept being interrupted by me and the three other projects I have going on at the same time.
- Invest In A Follow Up Massage. I loved the ambience of the place and the experience. I am definitely going back. Think I need to go for one of those deep tissue sports massages though, cause aromatherapy did not move me at all.